Semi-Truck Tire Blowout Accidents Attorney
Tire blowouts on an 80,000-pound tractor-trailer can lead to catastrophic accidents. A tire blowout happens when a large truck’s tire suddenly bursts or deflates. Blowouts can throw semi-trucks off balance, putting even the most qualified truck drivers at risk of losing control. Tire debris can also scatter across the road, creating additional hazards in nearby lanes.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to a semi-truck tire blowout in Pasadena, an experienced attorney can determine your rights to financial compensation.
Common Causes of Tire Blowouts in Trucks
Truck tire blowout accidents rarely happen randomly. They often result from preventable issues stemming from wrongful actions or negligence. Examples include:
- Improper tire maintenance – Regular tire inspections and maintenance are essential. Worn-out treads or damage, such as cuts and bulges, can lead to blowouts. Drivers should check their tires regularly for any signs of wear or damage and replace them when necessary.
- Incorrect tire pressure – Overinflated tires can burst, while underinflated tires can overheat and rupture. Truck drivers need to check and maintain the correct tire pressure during travel.
- Manufacturing defects – Tire blowouts sometimes result from design defects or production failures. These defects can include issues like poor quality materials, errors in the manufacturing process, or inadequate quality control.
- Excessive load weight – Overloading a semi-truck puts extra stress on the tires. This can cause excessive heat build-up, increasing the risk of a blowout. Drivers should always adhere to recommended weight limits to ensure tire safety.
- Prolonged usage and aging: Tires naturally degrade over time, making them more prone to blowouts. Even if they appear in good condition, old tires can be hazardous. Regularly replacing old tires, regardless of their visible condition, is a vital safety measure.
Liability for Tire Blowout Accidents
Determining liability in a truck tire blowout accident is challenging, so it pays to have a qualified attorney handle your personal injury claim. A truck accident lawyer can investigate every angle of the incident, identifying potentially responsible parties like the driver, the trucking company, or the tire manufacturer. Each liable party represents another possible avenue for seeking compensation, and your truck accident attorney will work carefully to identify all sources of liability and maximize your payout.
Challenges in Pasadena Semi-Truck Accident Claims
Pursuing a tire blowout truck accident claim can be tough. Building a strong case means gathering persuasive evidence, filing paperwork, negotiating with insurance companies, and ensuring that every liable party is held accountable for their role in causing the wreck. The trucking industry is heavily regulated under federal and California law, and understanding how the laws apply to your case is crucial to making a compelling case.
Even when a case seems clear-cut, you can count on the insurance company(s) to dispute your claim and pay as little as possible. For example, the adjuster might make a quick settlement offer before you understand the extent of the damage. Or they may argue someone else is at fault for the wreck. An experienced Pasadena truck accident attorney can overcome the challenges of tire blowout claims by building a solid claim backed by strong evidence.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer Now
If you got hurt in a semi-truck tire blowout accident, don’t delay getting the help you need. Reach out to the Law Offices of Pius Joseph now for a free consultation with an award-winning truck accident lawyer.