Car accidents happen regularly in Pasadena, as they do throughout California. According to California’s Office of Traffic Safety, Pasadena saw 1,244 fatalities or injuries due to car accidents in a single recent year. Of these, almost 60 were alcohol involved and around another 300 were speed related.
Unfortunately, there is no reason to assume that these numbers are declining. Instead, the rise of distracted driving and other risks have made Pasadena’s roads less safe. As a result, more residents and visitors will find themselves in crashes that were someone else’s fault.
If you have been involved in a car accident and someone else was to blame, you need professional legal help. Please contact our Pasadena car accident attorney at the Law Offices of Pius Joseph to review your case. The consultation and claim review is free.
How Our Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
After a crash, you are probably shaken up and unsure about what to do. Your car might be wrecked and you possibly lack the money to get a rental car to get to school or work. If you suffered bodily injuries, you might be going to medical appointments and therapy sessions several times a week.
California law allows injured car accident victims to seek compensation when someone’s carelessness led to their injuries. Under the law, you can negotiate an insurance settlement or bring a lawsuit, if necessary, to vindicate your rights.
At our firm, we help our clients with all aspects of a case, including the following:
- Fully documenting their injuries
- Analyzing fault (who is to blame for the car accident)
- Consulting with experts about issues such as the cause of the crash and the extent of your losses
- Collecting evidence to use to bolster your claim for compensation
- Calculating your full losses, both economic and non-economic
- Communicating with insurance adjusters to make a claim for compensation
- Representing you during negotiations with the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier
These are only some of the tasks that we help our clients with, freeing them to focus on getting better physically and emotionally. Let us do the heavy lifting for you.
Compensation in a Car Accident Claim
The goal of bringing a claim is to pursue full compensation for your losses. In a settlement or a verdict, you could receive money for certain economic losses such as:
- Medical care, including rehabilitation, prescription drugs, surgery, and doctor visits
- Future medical care, if you are permanently disabled
- Lost income, if you could not work because of your car accident
- Lost future income, if your disability will prevent you from returning to your job or to any job in the future
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
You can also seek compensation for non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering. In California, this is an umbrella term that describes the following:
- Physical pain
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement or impairment
- Emotional distress
You need a seasoned car accident lawyer in Pasadena to carefully calculate the amount of compensation you could receive. Economic losses are the easiest to measure, since you simply look at your medical bill, pay stub, or repair estimate.
However, to calculate pain and suffering damages, your attorney will need to rely on experience with how juries value those losses. Because this is a sensitive area of law, you should meet with an attorney for a free consultation.
If a loved one died in a car accident, then certain family members might also qualify to bring a wrongful death lawsuit. Compensation in this type of lawsuit can cover the income the deceased would have earned had she or he lived, as well as other damages.
Our car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Pius Joseph also help those involved in ridesharing accidents, whether you are the passenger or the driver. Call us today for a free consultation!