Pasadena Uninsured Motorist Lawyer
Every driver in the state of California is required to carry a minimum amount of auto insurance. Despite this, however, about 1 in every 6 motorists in state is uninsured.1
While getting into any type of traffic crash can be as emotionally distressing as it may physically and financially damaging, the journey to recovery can be far more challenging when the negligent driver did not have any or enough insurance to appropriately compensate victims.
At the Law Offices of Pius Joseph – Personal Injury Attorney, our Pasadena car accident attorney is effective at helping traffic accident victims financially recover from the harm they have sustained due to negligence. Skilled at advocating our clients’ rights and protecting their interests, we will work relentlessly to help you pursue all available legal remedies if you have been hit by an uninsured/underinsured driver.
Options for Recovery after Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Accidents
When uninsured/underinsured drivers cause traffic accidents, options for recovery may be limited – but they are gone. In fact, if victims have uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage through their own insurance provider, they may still be able to obtain compensation for their accident-related injuries and losses.
In fact, with UM/UIM coverage, people may be able to obtain compensation for their damages and losses if or when:
- They were pedestrians or they were riding bicycles when they were hit by uninsured/underinsured motorists.
- They were the victims of hit-and-run collisions, and the negligent motorist is never identified or found.
- They were passengers in a vehicle hit by an uninsured/underinsured motorist, and the driver has UM/UIM coverage.
UM/UIM Claims: More Important Information for Motorists
While UM/UIM coverage can provide important protection for drivers, it is important for all motorists to understand that:
- UM/UIM polices can have loopholes and strict requirements – In fact, some policies can have accident reporting deadlines that are as short as 24 hours. Others may provide caveats to insurers, allowing them to only pay a fraction of the value of the policy in certain situations.
- Insurance companies tend to be focused on maintaining their profits, rather than protecting policyholders – In other words, insurers are not going to be looking out for policyholders or accident victims.
- Retaining an attorney can be the best way to protect claims to compensation – Given that accident victims will likely need to focus on their physical recovery following a crash, retaining a lawyer to protect their interests and deal with the insurance company can be essential to obtaining the full amount of compensation to which they are entitled.
Contact the Law Offices of Pius Joseph – Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been hurt in an auto accident caused by an uninsured/underinsured motorist, contact a Pasadena car accident attorney at the Law Offices of Pius Joseph – Personal Injury Attorney for vigorous representation moving forward.
Going the extra mile for clients for nearly three decades, we are dedicated to working tirelessly to help our clients successfully navigate the legal process so they can maximize their financial recoveries.
To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Pasadena car accident attorney today, contact us by calling (626) 397-1050 or by emailing us via the contact form on this page.
From offices based in Pasadena, we provide superior representation and service to injured people throughout Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County, Orange County, San Diego County and the state of California.
- According to the Insurance Research Council (IRC)