Truck Accident Lawyer in Glendale, California
Nestled in the heart of Southern California, Glendale is a vibrant city with amazing food, shopping, and culture. But for all its charm, the city’s position between major interstates I-5 and I-210, plus many state highways, make it a hotspot for truck accidents. The Law Offices of Pius Joseph assists truck accident victims on the road to physical, financial, and emotional recovery. Here’s what you need to do if you suffered injuries in a truck crash in Glendale.
What Should I Do After a Glendale Truck Accident?
Your actions in the days and weeks after a semi-truck accident can substantially impact your ability to recover compensation. Take these steps to improve your chances of maximum compensation from the responsible party(s):
- Get medical treatment – Prioritize your health. Seek medical care and follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Consult a truck accident attorney in Glendale – An experienced and local truck accident lawyer can begin immediate work on your case. They will advise you of your rights, prepare your claim, and handle all communication and negotiations with the insurance company(s).
- Keep track of your recovery and expenses – All accident-related medical bills, co-pay receipts, and other documents of the costs incurred by the accident will be essential parts of your personal injury claim. Also, write down your memory of events and keep a journal about your ongoing pain and suffering. You will use these documents as evidence of what the accident cost you emotionally.
- Stay off social media – Be careful what you post on your social media accounts. The insurance company may use that information to undercut your case.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), driver error is the most frequent critical reason for truck accidents. Here are some examples of errors that lead to many collisions:
- Speeding – Speeding can increase the likelihood and severity of an accident since force increases with acceleration. According to the California Highway Patrol, unsafe speed was the primary factor in 1,344 injury crashes and 29 fatal crashes involving trucks in one recent year.
- Blind spots – Commercial trucks have large blind spots along the vehicle’s sides, front, and rear, which drivers must check before making maneuvers. Failure to do so can result in collisions when trucks change lanes, merge, or turn.
- Distracted driving – Truck drivers who take their eyes off the road, even for a split second, may miss seeing traffic changes or roadway hazards before it is too late.
- Fatigued driving – Truckers can drive for up to eight cumulative hours without at least a 30-minute break before federal regulations require them to rest. Those long hours behind the wheel can lead to fatigue, which reduces the driver’s reaction time and ability to control the truck.
- Impaired driving – Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription medication can impair a driver’s judgment, vision, and reaction time.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents can result in injuries ranging from minor to severe to life-altering, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Cuts and lacerations
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries
Damages in a Glendale Truck Accident Claim
If someone else caused the truck accident that injured you, you could recover compensation for losses like:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Car repairs or replacement
Contact the Law Offices of Pius Joseph After a Glendale Truck Accident
At the Law Offices of Pius Joseph, we want to help you seek justice and accountability for a truck accident that wasn’t your fault. Contact our truck accident lawyer in Glendale today for a free consultation.