At first glance, Southern California would appear to be one of the best places in the country to be a bike rider. After all, the weather is nice year-round, and the state and cities have invested millions of dollars in bike infrastructure, ranging from bike lanes to off-road bike pathways.
But despite the appearance of being a bike-friendly state, riding a bike in California can still be incredibly dangerous. In fact, according to data published by the California Department of Public Health, there were close to 90,000 bicyclist injuries reported over a seven-year period in the state. That accounted for about 5 percent of all traffic-related injuries during that time. The number of fatal injuries was 918 – more than 100 bicyclist deaths per year.
While riding a bike can be a great exercise and a responsible way to get around, there’s no doubt that when a bicyclist mounts their bike, they are taking their life in their hands.
At the Law Offices of Pius Joseph – Personal Injury Attorney, our California bicycle accident lawyer is passionate about representing cyclists’ interests, and helping those people have been injured in a crash pursue the compensation that they deserve.
Please reach out to us today for a free consultation with a bicycle accident attorney.
How Our Bike Accident Lawyer in Pasadena Can Help You
When you call our Pasadena bicycle accident law firm, you can count on us to work hard on your behalf. We know that determining fault, proving damages, and holding a driver or another party responsible for a bike rider’s injuries and damages can be difficult.
We manage all of the legal elements of your claim so that you can focus on your recovery. Our Pasadena bicycle accident lawyer can help you by:
- Investigating your accident
- Hiring experts to determine causation, fault, the extent of your losses, and more
- Calculating the damages you’ve suffered, including both economic and noneconomic losses
- Explaining your legal options
- Filing your claim and issuing a demand letter
- Reviewing any settlement offers
- Negotiating a settlement
- Taking your case to court if necessary
When claims are more legally complex, our lawyers can provide guidance that is absolutely necessary for success. This includes:
- Claims against the government
- Claims where damages are severe and losses are high
- Claims involving multiple parties
- Claims where fault is disputed
- Claims with uninsured or hit-and-run drivers
- And more
Don’t take a chance on the outcome of your claim – which could have a significant effect on your future – by attempting to represent yourself.