Tow Truck Accident Lawyer
Tow trucks provide a vital service by removing disabled vehicles from busy roadways. However, these helpful vehicles can also pose hazards. Truckers must park carefully to avoid obstructing traffic or striking oncoming cars. Tow trucks are also outfitted with heavy equipment that must be used with care.
If you got hit by a tow truck in California, you could be entitled to compensation. An experienced truck accident attorney can help you identify your legal options. Contact the Law Offices of Pius Joseph today for a free consultation.
Understanding Tow Truck Accidents
Tow trucks are designed to transport other motor vehicles. Specialized machinery for attaching and loading automobiles adds to the truck’s already massive size and weight. This size difference alone can make the force of a collision especially dangerous, especially if the crash happens at higher speeds.
Tow truck accidents happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Speeding – Tow trucks often respond to emergencies in California, which could lead a driver to speed to get to the accident scene.
- Driver fatigue – Tow truck drivers work long hours, with the monotony of being on-call broken up by the stress of responding to an unexpected situation. This strain can lead to driver fatigue, a common cause of commercial truck accidents.
- Equipment failures – Improperly attached equipment, like loose chains and hooks, can cause towed vehicles to fall or loosen, creating dangerous conditions for other motorists.
- Unsecured loads – Incorrectly attaching a vehicle to a tow truck’s hook can cause the car to move or fall during transit.
- Inadequate maintenance – Poorly maintained tow trucks could break down suddenly due to equipment failure, creating road hazards for other drivers.
- Lack of proper training – Tow truck drivers must have a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) and a tow truck certificate. However, meeting those criteria does not guarantee drivers will operate these complicated vehicles responsibly.
Tow Truck Accident Injuries
Like other commercial vehicle crashes, tow truck accidents can cause severe and lasting harm. Common tow truck injuries include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Cuts and lacerations
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Wrongful death
Rights of Victims in Tow Truck Accidents
Under California law, you can pursue compensation if you sustain injuries in a tow truck accident and someone else is at fault. You also have the right to a personal injury attorney to help you through this process.
After a tow truck accident, you should:
- Collect records – The police accident report, photos of the accident scene, and witness statements are valuable sources of evidence in truck accident claims.
- See a doctor – Getting medical care is the first step toward healing. Keep records of all medical care related to your injury.
- Talk to a truck accident attorney – An experienced tow truck accident lawyer will know more about pursuing fair compensation after a crash than you do. They can demand the money you deserve while you rest and recover.
Types of Compensation in Tow Truck Accident Cases
If you’ve been hurt in a tow truck accident someone else caused, you could be entitled to compensation for losses like:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Long-term medical expenses
- Loss of future earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
A tow truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Pius Joseph can determine what your case is worth and fight for every penny.
Get Help From Our Pasadena Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Now
After a tow truck accident, you need help from an attorney with a thorough understanding of the trucking industry and a proven history of successful case results. At the Law Offices of Pius Joseph, you’ll get both. Contact us today for a free case review with a skilled towing truck accident lawyer.