You were hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault. You accrued a mountain of medical bills and lost the income you needed from work to pay them off. Now you’re doing the smart thing — you’re considering filing a personal injury claim. But how can you win?
There are never guarantees that a personal injury claim will succeed. However, many unsuccessful claims fail for similar reasons. Read on to learn some of the most common mistakes that can damage a personal injury claim in California. Better yet, improve your chance for an optimal outcome by working with a Pasadena personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Pius Joseph – Personal Injury Attorney.
Call or contact us for a free consultation.
9 Mistakes That Can Hurt Your Claim
Winning an injury claim isn’t simple, even when you believe the at-fault party was clearly to blame. People put their claims at risk by:
- Not being represented by an attorney
- Making a recorded statement to the insurance company before contacting a lawyer
- Signing forms giving insurers access to all of their medical records rather than the ones relevant to the case
- Not providing enough evidence to establish the other party was at fault
- Pure comparative negligence laws in California, which dictate who can recover compensation in cases where fault is in dispute
- Exaggerating their injuries
- Failing to inform their lawyer or doctor of prior injuries or evidence that could hurt the case
- Waiting too long to file a claim
Even if a personal injury claim seems straightforward, you should always approach it with caution. Insurance companies are never eager to make payouts. It’s guaranteed that their adjusters will be looking for ways to deny you the compensation you deserve. Don’t give them the upper hand. Instead, talk to a proven personal injury attorney at the Law Offices of Pius Joseph – Personal Injury Attorney.
Ways to Protect Your Personal Injury Case
Sometimes the smallest things can make a significant difference in a personal injury claim. Here are some ways to help your case:
- Get a top lawyer to represent you.
- Get started on your case as quickly as possible.
- Let your lawyer handle all communications on your behalf.
- Be honest with your doctor and attorney about your injuries or any pre-existing conditions.
- Follow your doctor’s orders exactly.
- Avoid discussing the case with anyone except your lawyer, especially on social media.
Contact the Law Offices of Pius Joseph – Personal Injury Attorney Today
For decades, the Law Offices of Pius Joseph – Personal Injury Attorney has provided vigorous representation to people who have been seriously injured in all sorts of accidents, including auto accident, truck accident, premises liability, and defective products claims. We are proud to have secured multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements on for our California clients. We can help you, too.
There’s no reason to wait. Call or fill out our online form now for your free consultation.