Statistics show that Pasadena is one of the most accident-prone metro areas in California. Truck accidents are among the most dangerous of these crashes. Injuries can be severe and last a lifetime.
The good news is that compensation may be possible for truck accident victims and their families. The Law Offices of Pius Joseph can help.
Call or contact our law firm today to arrange a free consultation.
The Facts About California Truck Accidents
Truck accident data is disturbing, both in the U.S. and in California. Nationwide, the number of fatal truck accidents increased 10 percent in a single year. Injury crashes were up to five percent during the same timeframe.
Closer to home, federal data shows that 6.7 percent of fatal accidents in California involved large trucks in recent years. Consider these other figures:
- One study found that California currently has the second-highest number of fatal truck accidents in the country, coming in just behind Texas.
- Los Angeles County is the most dangerous county for truck accidents.
- California truck accidents typically involve multiple vehicles. The most current statistics from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) recorded 87 fatal single-vehicle truck accidents in California in 2017, compared to 233 wrecks involving more than one vehicle.
- The most dangerous road for truck accidents in Pasadena is the 210 Freeway.
- Other common sites of California truck accidents are the 110 Freeway in Pasadena, the 134 Freeway in Glendale, the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles and Highway 880 in Oakland and Hayward.
- Over the past 10 years, 11 commercial trucks and cars have crashed onto the Gold Line metro tracks in Pasadena.
- The majority of people killed in California truck accidents are the occupants of other vehicles, particularly passenger cars.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in California
The most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Tire failures
- Mechanical failures/defective parts
- Intoxicated truck drivers
- Distracted driving
- Improper training
- Unsecured cargo
- Failure to perform regular inspections and repairs
All of these causes have one thing in common: Someone was negligent. If that negligence results in a truck accident that harms someone else, the accident victim(s) may have the right to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim against the liable party.
If you’ve been hurt, you can learn your legal options by arranging a free consultation at the Law Offices of Pius Joseph. Call or contact us today to schedule yours.
Types of Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can cause any number of injuries. But what sets truck accidents apart from other types of auto crashes is that the potential for catastrophic injuries is higher. Because tractor-trailers are so much larger than passenger cars, the force of impact is much more violent.
Examples of severe truck accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Rib and torso injuries
- Internal organ damage
Catastrophic injuries can result in long-term or permanent disabilities. Medical expenses and future care for the most severely injured can reach the millions over the course of a lifetime. That’s not to mention the financial toll that a sudden drop in household income can take.
Obtaining maximum compensation for your losses is key if you’ve been injured in a truck accident. In truck accident claims, more than one party may be to blame. An experienced truck accident attorney can analyze the facts of your case to make sure that you pursue compensation from all liable parties.
How Can the Law Offices of Pius Joseph Help Me?
The Law Offices of Pius Joseph provides high-quality legal services for injured clients in Pasadena and the surrounding areas. We will conduct a thorough investigation of your truck accident claim and fight for full and fair compensation for your losses.