Examples of Dangerous Premises in a Premises Liability Claim in Pasadena, CA
Properties can dangerous for a variety of reasons, with some risks being less obvious than others. Understanding some of the more common factors that can compromise your safety at a public or private property, however, can help you avoid potential dangers and stay safe.
What Can Make Properties Unsafe
Safety risks at properties can arise in various forms, only some of which can include:
- Uneven, slippery or broken flooring
- Clutter or other objects in common walkways
- Broken windows and/or door locks
- Broken stair rungs or stair railings
- A lack of nighttime lighting and/or security for the property
- A lack of smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and/or emergency exits
- A lack of warning signs around dangerous areas or areas that are undergoing construction
- A failure to properly contain hazardous, toxic or volatile materials.
Property owners can be held liable when these or other safety risks at their property end up harm people – even if the owners were not necessarily aware of the issue – so long as the risk would have been apparent to a reasonable person in the same or similar circumstances.
Common Types of Dangerous Properties
The above safety risks (and others) can be present at various types of properties, including (but by no means exclusive to):
- Retail property, including shopping malls and grocery stores
- Other commercial property, including business offices, health care facilities, restaurants and even amusement parks
- Government property, including courthouses, public parks and even some sidewalks
- Residential property, including apartment buildings and homes
- Other private property.
Contact the Law Offices of Pius Joseph
If you have been hurt at an unsafe property, contact a Pasadena premises liability lawyer at the Law Offices of Pius Joseph for effective legal advocacy moving forward. For nearly 30 years, our lawyers have been dedicated to relentlessly advocating our clients’ rights and helping them successfully navigate the legal process. Known for our experience and our record of success, our attorneys have the insight, knowledge and resources you can rely on for vigorous representation and the best possible outcome to your case.
Schedule a free initial consult with one of our lawyers by calling (626) 397-1050 or by emailing us via the contact form on this page. We charge no legal fees unless there is a recovery in your case, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us today.
From offices based in Pasadena, we provide superior representation and service to injured people throughout Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County, Orange County, San Diego County and the state of California.